OF Stats on OF3?

I will see if I can re-create the script to provide a greater set of statistics.

Updated to Ver 0.02

What do you think @OogieM, now ?

1 Like

That provides most of the info I really care about.

Is there any way to add it as a script in the toolbar of Omnifocu lke the applescript ones can be added or do I have to always run it in the script editor?

Tomorrow (or perhaps on Thursday), I am going to do a cross-platform script. After placing it in your OmniFocus iCloud folder (or any linked folder), an entry is going to appear in Automation menu for quick execution).

I don’t use iCloud at all and do not use Omnifocus Web either.

Would it go in the Omnifocus Scripts folder then?

@OogieM, you could link any folder you want. Simply click on Add Linked Folder...

Are you using OmniFocus iOS version ?

@OogieM, just published the PlugIn. Does it work for you ?

Link:

Trying to figure out how to download and install it at the moment. I’ve never added any plugins to Omnifocus and I don’t really want to fork the repo as I don’t plan on making changes.

I use both desktop and iOS versions of Omnifocus

@OogieM, well you can download a zip file that contains the script.

In any case, here is the script:

OF Statistics.omnijs (26.7 KB)

Tell me if you have any troubles linking your folder.

1 Like

@OogieM, could you install the script ? Do you have more questions ?

I was finally after many tries able to get it installed and working.

Initially I tried putting it in the scripts folder but it never showed up when I go to edit my toolbar to add it. I found the scripts folder by using the command to open the scripts folder.

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 8.29.56 AM

I put the file into that folder and then tried to add it to my toolbar like I always did before. The script never showed up in the customise toolbar section.

So I looked at your screen shot and tried plugins. Nothing showed up there. So I tried to add the linked folder where the scripts are in there. I tried adding a linked folder and the only choice I get is iCloud and I DO NOT want to use iCloud at all. I want to choose whether to install it on any given machine.

I tried the + in the On My Mac folder expecting to be able to see it there and got to a place wanting me to add an editor and a name. I was expecting to see it listed in the On My Mac section once I put it into the Omnifocus Scripts folder (which I found from the Help Open Scripts Folder command) and I still don’t see where the folder really is that is the On my Mac folder in the Plug-in pop up window. I am not even really sure how I got the folder finally linked but I did finallt ge a linked folder.

I fully expected to see all the scripts that are in the standard scripts folder listed in the On My Mac section of the plugins. To me that is where scripts go and the On My Mac fodler should just be a different name for the scripts folder that is what you find when you ask for show in finder. I don’t see the other versions of the stats script that are still there in that folder. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

It is working but there needs to be a detailed ,as in every single step really explained complete with locations of the files, installation procedure for the folks that never play with scripts or plugins much.

Or clean up the whole where do scripts go stuff.

One question remains. Where is the On my Mac plugins folder?

@OogieM, you could simply drag the script to the On My Mac icon.

• Click On My Mac heading.
  • Click Reveal in Finder button.

That’s not very intuitive, why doesn’t the + work to add something? How are we supposed to think that a drag and drop will work in that instance? I never even considered trying drag and drop of the script itself.

Nope doesn’t work that way. Nothing happens when I click on the icon for the on my Mac folder and then click on reveal in finder. I see nothing new and no popups.

The only thing that happens is if I click on the + I get this screen

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 1.35.19 PM

Interestingly enough, if I click on the icloud one and then click reveal in finder I do see a pop up of the location. I would like some sort of UI feedback that the folder is being selected though, shade it or something. Otherwise how do I know what is selected?

It does work for me. If I click On My Mac, and then Reveal in Finder, the folder appears:

You could then drop the file in Plug-Ins folder.

When you click the + button, a dialog appears asking for a file name (you can create a new Plug-In in this manner).

Addressing one of your earlier comments:

That’s partially correct. That’s where Applescript scripts go. This is an Omni Automation plug-in. So, it is saved in the Plug-Ins folder (of course, you could link any folder you want or use iCloud).

Got it working and it provides the info I was looking for.

I have always just condsidered scripts a type of plug-in and vice versa so never thought about them being in different areas.

This is a great script. Very elegant and much better than older techniques thanks to using Omni Automation.
Thanks very much @unlocked2412 for making and sharing it!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.