We just put out Test Builds of OmniFocus 2.8 that include a feature that folks have been requesting for a while. We’re definitely interested in hearing how our implementation of global search matches your expectations, so feel free to reply here or email email@example.com with feedback. Full release notes:
- Global Search — You can now change the search scope from “Here” to “Remaining” or “Everything” by clicking the icon in the search field.
- Scroll Position — The change in v2.7 to keep the selected item visible when changing a date proved unpopular in Forecast, so we have reverted it for that perspective. If you’d like to change the global default back to the pre-2.7 behavior, you can use this link: omnifocus:///change-preference?ContentOutlinePreservesVisibleSelection=false.
- View Options — The View Options “eye” icon now displays differently when options have been set that are not the default. In addition, the Perspective’s tab title is italicized to indicate that clicking the tab will restore the default view.
- Sierra Tabs — We’ve updated and fixed various behaviors related to tabbed windows in macOS Sierra.
- Attachments Window — Added an Export button that copies the selected attachments to the directory of your choice.
- Attachment Performance — Improved performance when rebuilding attachment-heavy databases and when opening the attachments window.
- Smaller Fixes and Improvements — Including crash fixes. Thanks for all of your feedback!