OmniFocus 2 Tabbed Windows in Sierra

Hi,
Just updated to Sierra on my main system and was pleased to find some support for tabs windows in OF 2.6.2. You can show the tab bar, switch between tabs, and merge open windows into a single tabbed window.

What I can’t figure out is how to create a new tab in an existing window. It’s probably staring me in the face, but I can’t see it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dean

2 Likes

As best as I can tell, so far it takes creating open windows and merging them. We should email Omni to feature request a new tab function/hotkey!

ScottyJ

Email sent!

This is broken on my system - when creating a new window, it displays on top of the old with some errors and no tab bar.

Hi

Could anyone please tell me how this tab feature works in Sierra. I press command+t and it brings up fonts.

Thanks.

1 Like

I received this from support:

At the moment it is not possible to add a new tab to an existing window. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience this causes! We do, however, have an open feature request on file for that, and I’ve added your email there for the rest of the team to see. Not all requests will make it into the app, but we do take customer requests into account when planning future releases. Thanks for letting us know it’s important to you!

In the meantime, you’ll need to open a new window and merge them.

I agree that it is quite annoying, but to be fair it is also the case with other apps like Pages. Another thing that bugs me is why the tabs don’t take the name the selected folder/project. For now, all my tabs are called “projects”…:( This is weird since Tabs’ names are well updated in Finder, Safari and… Pages! :)