OmniFocus 3 - Top feature requests

My top request is better note taking functionality. Even this forum posting input allows more and easier formatting.

Thanks.

4 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Should I wait for OF3 to process 800 Inbox items?

Just curious—are you scoffing at the size of his inbox or the fact that he wants to wait until OF3 to process it?

I wrote context, but I meant perspective. I want to create a due in a month perspective for instance, and that’s currently impossible, which is just silly.

Drop tasks would be awesome.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Can I link to a Folder?

Glad to see this is coming!
Ken just tweeted about this: https://twitter.com/kcase/status/970835748961189889

Any chance we will be able to pin a favorite tag to the home screen on iOS for quick access similar to how we can currently pin perspectives?

4 Likes

I really really hope there is manual sorting too. Except in projects where tasks are dependent, this would be tremendously useful and I too end up looking for awkward work-arounds. The other thing I’m hoping for strongly is the ability to colour code all items from each folder.

Can’t wait to try both the iPhone and the mac versions! Keep up the great work Omni developers!

1 Like

Second on the coloring. I’m hoping that we can assign background colors to tags. So, for example, there might be a light yellow background that I might assign to #HighPriority. That way, rather than having to create a separate list for #HighPriority tasks, I could see those tasks called out in all my lists with the use of color.

1 Like

You can add one tag to the Forecast view which gives you an easy overview.

1 Like

+1 for colors!

3 Likes

Anybody know if OF3 will have more icons + different colours to choose from, especially for custom perspective icons? (I exclusively use Omnifocus for iOS, so unable to purchase and install 3rd party icons found online)

2 Likes

What i would like to see in OF3.

1. Estimated time of the total tasks for the project.

2. More visual notes and practical at the same time.

2 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: How do I choose a “Forecast Tag” in OmniFocus 3 for iOS?

Yes I WOULD LIKE this sort of motivation too. Pies completion encourages me to complete tasks.

Each task completed gets closer to the full pie.
Something like this.

8 Likes

I would like to see the Pies completion too. Its an awesome Idea!

1 Like

Hopes for Omnifocus in 2018

I realize that the 2018 roadmap has been published but I want to voice my OF desires in the hopes that some (if not all) find their way in. Would love to hear if these represent pain points for everyone:

Navigation in IOS. I think there is a lot of room for improvement here. Effective use of long press or 3d touch rather than so much swiping in order to access common functions. I would love to see either a sidebar (such as the perspectives bar on the left hand side in the MacOS version) which can be accessed from anywhere with a swipe to the right. Or maybe a persistent bottom bar with popup menu access to things. However it happens I think it could be much better.

MacOS - View Inbox/Projects list simultaneously. This just seems an odd limitation.

MacOS/IOS - Forecast view. I love forecast view. Or at least I want to. Specific to MacOS I really want the view to be cleaned up. I get really confused visually looking at it: specifically calendar events. Everything seems to read top-down but then calendar events read left to right. I just want a top down list of events similar to fantastical. Also hate it how tasks with due and defer dates appear twice (if show defer is enabled). I would love to be able to stack custom perspectives here. Maybe overdue followed by flagged follow by waiting for example.

Timer integration or functionality. Not sure how tough it would be to build in, but the ability top start/stop timer per task and provide some analytics/reports would be very very welcome.

Would like an advanced perspective criteria. Something like “this and that but not that or that with these contexts starting in 9 days” etc

Ability to colour tasks or projects based on criteria/context.

more defined titles in IOS (I find that project and context headings get very difficult to distinguish from tasks if brightness is not at or close to 100% which I never use due to burning retinas and battery waste)

Dropbox/iCloud drive etc. integration for file attachments.

Focus in IOS. I try to use focus to avoid make so many perspectives, rather than work waiting & home waiting for example I can have just waiting and use focus to show either work or home specific. Works great! On MacOS. Not available on IOS. Really need this. Else just take it away from MacOS as its just annoying.

One more…location activated focus (edit: changed from context to focus). This could be cool.

I think thats all ;)

Let me know if you agree!

Best,
Mark

1 Like

Two top things:

1. Drop/cancel tasks.
  2. Separate management of the schedule and instance of a repeating task.

Any hope to customize swipe options on iOS?
Long/fast swipe left on anything (tasks, projects, tags…) just deletes the item without any confirmation. It’s super easy to just delete a folder with hundreds of projects in it.
I’ve lost reminders in the Due app because of this and thankfully it has the option to remove Delete from swipe actions entirely.

1 Like