OmniFocus 3 window always regenerates to same settings

There is a ‘cached behavior’ in OmniFocus 3 that forces a window always to regenerate to the same settings as it had before closing, which gives me problems when writing my macro.

Is there a setting, maybe via the Terminal, which would allow the user to clear this cache?

What I mean:

Now if I close an OF window, which showed Projects, left Sidebar & Inspector, and later I open a new window with ⌥ ⌘ N, it will show exactly the same: Projects, left Sidebar & Inspector.

… which is probably desired, but in my case, I want to avoid this ‘inheritance’ or cached behaviour.

Is this possible?

/
with best regards,
Omar KN
Stockholm, Sweden

No, it always opens with the last view.

But similar to one of your other queries, you could probably accomplish what you want with Keyboard Maestro. One idea: you can use an Assert action to test whether certain menu commands are enabled, which could tell you whether the sidebar is visible.

OmniFocus remembers the transient state of each perspective in its RestorableState preference, which you can clear like so:

defaults remove com.omnigroup.OmniFocus3 RestorableState

However, to really reset everything you’ll also need to clear out the Saved Application State folder inside Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus3/Data/Library:

rm -rf 'Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus3/Data/Library/Saved Application State'

Once you’ve done both of these things, a fresh launch of OmniFocus will give you a reset window state.

Hope this helps!

P.S. — If you’re using the Mac App Store build, replace com.omnigroup.OmniFocus3 in the above commands with com.omnigroup.OmniFocus3.MacAppStore.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.