OmniFocus 4 for Mac joins iPhone and iPad apps in TestFlight!

The OmniFocus team has been hard at work on OmniFocus 4, a major new version of OmniFocus for all platforms. Today, we are excited to announce some much anticipated news: OmniFocus 4 for Mac test builds are now available in TestFlight!

For more detail, please see today’s blog post.

5 Likes

do you have to have a subscription to use the beta on mac, i have the stand alone apple but the first step is sign into your account, did i miss something?

You need to sign into your Omni Account, but during this stage of the TestFlight that account doesn’t need to have any purchases in it.

For the future, though, it’s important to note that your Omni Account is not just used for subscriptions: you can also register your standalone purchases, letting you unlock the app by signing into it on any device. Registered purchases help us determine that you should be eligible for a 50% discount when upgrading to a new major version.

We hope you enjoy the OmniFocus 4 TestFlight, and look forward to your feedback!

thanks a lot Ken, is there an apron image target for the final release?

As soon as it’s ready. We’d love to ship tomorrow, but it’s not ready yet.

Upcoming milestones:

• Mac feature parity
  • Design Freeze
  • Usability & Accessibility
  • Stability & Performance
  • Apple Watch update
  • Documentation
  • Localization
  • Code Freeze

We’ll work through each of these milestones as quickly as we can, and some of this work can be done in parallel, but we still have plenty of work ahead!

(I hope this doesn’t come across defensively. I’m just really, really looking forward to shipping! And have to keep telling myself: When it’s ready.)

3 Likes

not at all Completely understand, I can’t wait for the new version myself.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.