OmniGraffle 7 for Mac is now available!

We’re excited to announce that OmniGraffle 7 for Mac is now available for download directly from Omni and from the Mac App Store! You can find more details and download links on OmniGraffle’s page here: https://www.omnigroup.com/omnigraffle/

If you haven’t tried the public test, we welcome you to use the free trial (now available on either the Omni store or the Mac App Store) to explore this new version.

We will also be hosting three Facebook live workshop events, more details are available on our blog post.

Enjoy,
Dan

1 Like

JavaScript didn’t make it ?

Ken wrote here https://discourse-test.omnigroup.com/t/what-are-your-wishes-for-omnigraffle-7/25401/11

that:

Scripting is a huge opportunity for improvement. We’re building JavaScript support directly into OmniGraffle 7, which means scripts will perform much better and will be able to work on both Mac and iOS. These scripts will be able to respond to events like editing or moving a shape. (One of our test scripts pretends that each shape is a bucket of paint, so when you move a shape on another one the paint gets dumped from one shape into another.)

(And yes, we’ll be implementing Copy as JavaScript.)

But I notice that the JavaScript control of earlier releases

was removed, and the Copy As > JavaScript item seems to be grayed out …

Didn’t work out ? Or coming later ?

(or perhaps I’m just failing to enable it ?)

There’s a lot of JavaScript support in the app now, but we decided it’s not ready for prime time yet so we’ve hidden all of it for now. But we’re still actively working on it, and I look forward to getting it into your hands so we can start getting feedback about it.

1 Like

This is not really feature request or feedback post as such. I am a reasonably long time Omnigraffle user.

Been using 7 for a few days. Just had to say - OUTSTANDING.
This thing just gets better and better.
Have had a love affair with various bits and pieces of software over the years - you know how it is.
This is one of the best.
Thanks for one great piece of software.
Looking forward to whatever direction you take it in the future.
Regards
Frank C.

1 Like