Updated 3/2/16 OmniOutliner 4.5 is now also available on the Mac App Store!
OmniOutliner 4.5 has been released for direct download and is waiting for review in the Mac App Store. This is a major update that adds various options for controlling the print output and fixes numerous bugs.
Printing — There are now controls for the following options in the Print panel:
- Printing only the selected rows
- Filtering by status
- Expanding to show all descendants
- Flattening indentation
- Expanding all notes
- Printing column titles
- Printing row handles
- Printing alternate row colors
- Printing other background colors
Export — The plain text representation of copied rows will now use a tab separated format instead of a fixed width.
Section List — New sections can be created in the section list using the Return key.
- Print — Setting the ‘Start a new page’ option on the level 1 row style will no longer result in only a blank page printing nor cause a blank page to appear at the start.
- Sorting — Sort options will now place empty rows at the bottom instead of the top.
- Attachments — Fixed an issue with pasting images when not using the English localization causing images to overwrite each other due to not correctly uniquing their filename.
- Misc — Content from MS Office applications will now paste correctly when in row selection mode.
- Theming — Rows should now correctly display text after applying a theme that greatly increases the font size.
- Printing — Lines of text should no longer be split between pages.
- Export — CSV export now contain any visible notes.
- Export — CSV export no longer drop white spaces between styles applied to text spans.
- Export — CSV export now retains line breaks.
- Export — Plain Text (with tabs) no longer has a trailing tab on each line.
- Export — Fixed an issue with HTML exports sometimes showing incorrect font sizes when viewed on an iPhone.
- Export — The Dynamic HTML export format should now always correctly show sections in the correct location when revealing them.
- Import — When opening, importing, or pasting text, any leading asterisks, dashes, or bullet characters will be removed. This improves the ability to round-trip content between OmniOutliner and plain text/RTF.
- Templates — The Russian Compact template no longer has the column selected by default.
- Templates — Modified the Blank and Compact templates in most languages so that new outlines created from them will open with the first row in edit mode.
- Resource Browser — Removed the extraneous Stencils option from the restore interface.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when unlocking the Pro features.
- Misc — The timestamp feature should no longer get stuck with the value it was when first invoked.
For our direct customers, you can quickly update by checking for updates from the OmniOutliner Menu, or downloading directly from our website.
Mac App Store customers now find the newest version in the Updates tab in the Mac App Store application.