OmniPlan 3.8 export to PDF does not retain background color

Has anyone else seen this issue after the upgrade? When I export my gannt chart and outline to PDF the background colour is not rendered on the outline. Is there a configuration solution?

@ianwelles Sorry for the trouble! In my quick testing, I can’t seem to reproduce this behavior in OmniPlan 3.8. Would it be possible for you to email our Support team so that we can look into this issue with you? A sample OmniPlan file that is styled the way you typically style your OmniPlan files would be helpful in tracking this issue down! If sending a file in is an option for you, please compress the file in Finder before attaching it to the email (to do so, right click or control click on the document in Finder and select “Compress” from the contextual menu).

If you’d prefer to send in an anonymized copy of your file, you can do so by selecting Help > Contact Omni… in the OmniPlan menu bar and selecting the option to include a copy of the file. This will create an email with a copy of your OmniPlan document, replacing all of the text in your document with “Xxxxx” strings.

Our Support team can be reached at omniplan@omnigroup.com. Thanks!

Good morning @ains. I just upgraded my home computer to 3.8 and get the same results here. To confirm if it an issue with the one file I needed yesterday, I tried with a different file and get the same results with the export. I am sending the anonymised file now. Thanks.

Here is a sample file and export for you to take a look at. The file is compressed and stored on drive since I cannot upload omniplan files here.

Thanks @ianwelles! It looks like Shane filed a bug report with your email and sample file in our development database. We’ll look into getting this regression addressed!

For the time being, if this functionality is critical to your workflow you could reinstall OmniPlan 3.7.3. Older versions of OmniPlan are available for download here: https://www.omnigroup.com/download

I’m very sorry for any inconvenience this bug causes you!

@ianwelles We’ve fixed this issue in the most recent OmniPlan 3.8.1 for Mac test builds:
https://omnistaging.omnigroup.com/omniplan/

Thanks again for taking the time to report this bug!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like