"On hold" items showing up in Forecast [Workaround available]

Yes, except that if it’s a repeating item, the deferral will affect future repetitions. That’s why on-hold might have to be considered as a workaround for a repeating project.

Thank you, the 1st URL kcase provided solved it for me…

So I just upgraded to OM 2 and was expecting Forecast view options so I can select ‘Available’ like I can on the OF iOS apps, but it doesn’t exists and I was annoyed.

Anyone know if the availability options found in Project view menu will make there way to Forecast view menu in the next release?

Are there any updates on this? I know I’m reviving an old thread, but this is still an issue in OmniFocus 3.1.3. The post by mavric1298 describes my exact situation with the Forecast view displaying On Hold projects.

The reason you would still have dates for example would be a repeating task. I have a list of lets say 6 weekly tasks all with specific day of the week repeats for a committee I am on that have hard deadlines. We decided to delay the committee for a couple months, so I set it to on hold. I don’t want to see those repeats until it starts again, when I take it off hold, but it’s a pain to have to setup and undo the due dates and repeats every time.

This might be a short-sighted question, but do the custom settings that were suggested not work anymore?

The custom settings mentioned earlier still work, but I don’t particularly like depending on hidden preferences like that. I’m afraid they might break or cause problems in the future.

1 Like

Luckily, they have proven to have been quite consistent in the past. After all, it takes someone to actively remove them from the source code.

Secondly, this change is fairly cosmetic in nature, so not only is there no risk of data loss, but also you would probably notice if it stopped working.

If you want the switch to receive a checkbox in the graphical user interface, your best shot is to mail that in to support and let them know.