Ordered list of Next Actions for today

First, I admit to being a relative newbie to OmniFocus. Second, although I searched the forums, I could not find an answer.

My Goal: to create/view a list of next action items I intend to work on today in the order I expect to work on them.

Since I have not figured out how to do this in OmniFocus what I do is the following. In my morning review I open OmniFocus and yesterday’s “To Do” list in a spreadsheet. I mark items as completed in OF based on the spreadsheet and delete them (from the spreadsheet). I then cherry pick the items from OF I intend to work on that day. After identifying all the candidates I can close OF. Now it’s easy to order the items in the spreadsheet. I save it to Dropbox and print out a copy.

I welcome any comments and suggestions on how I might do this better. Thanks in advance.

I might have misunderstood your goal, but couldn’t you just tag the tasks you would like to work with, show the list with those tags in Omnifocus, and reorder the tasks the way you want by dragging them in that list?

1 Like

Nope, you didn’t misunderstand my goal. I simply did not know to do that. Thank you! Your suggestion works perfectly and will save me lots of time; since it eliminates the need for using a spreadsheet. Warm regards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.