Packing list, but never actually deletes/completes

Hi

I’m new to OmniFocus 3, and have installed it on my MacBook and iPhone. However, there’s something I’d love to do but I just cannot work out how to achieve.

Essentially, I have a couple of packing lists for holidays - one if I’m driving, and another if I’m flying. What I want to do is to be able to use the appropriate list when going away, but importantly, as I tick the items off, they don’t actually vanish, but just marked as completed. Then, once all items are packed, I can clear all the ticked off items and reset it ready for the next holiday.

Is there a way to achieve this, somehow? I’ve read something about Repeat after Completed, but I don’t see that option anywhere in OF3. Perhaps I’m missing something…!?

Thanks!

Ian

You need to make your project packing list i.e. Packing List - Driving with all your actions listed under it. In the inspector on the right side of the project (Packing list - Driving) set the repeat. If for the Holidays you will probably want to choose the assigned Dates option. Then in the inspector right below the Project name is a check box (complete with last action) check this and your project will complete and generate a new project. Just Repeat the project not the individual actions.

Another option is to have a project templates folder, consisting of template projects set to On Hold status. Then you just duplicate, move to your main projects folder, and set to Active status. [Edit - it’s faster to drag the template project holding the option key which makes a copy when you release the mouse]

The repeating project idea sounds more efficient… but wondering if it means you have to fiddle with the dates.

1 Like

I would go the template route (and actually do). This keeps the database clean, and you can flexibly use things like holiday checklists

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.