Perspective - Filtering Text box as 'OR' instead of 'AND'

When creating a Perspective and using the ‘Filter Text’ option, has anyone figured out a way to filter text with multiple words as an ‘OR’ condition instead of an ‘AND’ condition.

For example, I want to find all my tasks that include the words ‘iPhone’ and ‘iPad’. Placing the the two together in the ‘Filter Text’ box locates only tasks that include both of those words. Using conventional methods to find both “iPhone, iPad”, “iPhone or iPad”, etc don’t work.

Any suggestions on getting the ‘Filter Text’ to find tasks with either term, not just when a task has both?

4 Likes

IIRC, I think this is a feature request (I sent one in for this, too), so email Omni to have this +1’d.

I agree, I’d like more robust/complex ways of viewing the database content.

ScottyJ

2 Likes

I was about to start a thread concerning this too.
So there is still no way as of now to tell OF to search for this OR that in the “find text” field?

How can I submit feature request emails to Omnigroup? (email at omnifocus@omnigroup.com is the official way or there’s a better way? )

That email is the official and only way to add or support a feature request. Appreciate you taking the time to vote it up, @Brody - I’d love to see this!

ScottyJ

1 Like

+1. Also voting for this.

1 Like

Yes let’s gather even more votes !!! Go people :)

1 Like

+1 from me too!

1 Like

Just remember to send Omni an email! Forum comments don’t count or get submitted as part of the new feature request process.

2 Likes

just a quick update, there is still no way to do this is there?
=> I want to create a perspective that will search for “this word” OR “this one” (find text option)

1 Like

Just sent my “+vote” to omnifocus@omnigroup.com on this feature request.

1 Like

2do has had this functionality (and more) for some time… their smart folders are, in a lot of ways, better than perspectives. Check it out.

1 Like

Workaround — Create a @Devices context, that contains @iPhone and @iPad (et al). View the parent context when you could use either.

This doesn’t work if you need a perspective showing project hierarchies (which, I guess, the OP deals with).

I’ve been moving more of my work over to an iPad and using my Mac to set up specific Perspectives to use on iOS. I can do some of this sorting on the Mac using other tools, but those tools aren’t available on iOS. Any updates on the requests to allow the ‘Find Text’ field to find multiple words?