Perspective settings forgotten on restart

I just bought the pro version of OmniFocus 2. I’m having a bit of a problem with perspective settings being remembered.

I’ve made changes to the Forecast perspective so as not to show calendar events. Every time I restart OmniFocus the setting reverts to the original one of showing the calendar events.

I’ve created a new perspective and select the star to show that perspective in the sidebar. When I restart OmniFocus that setting is lost. The star reverts to being deselected.

Is this a bug or user error?

This was resolved with a reboot. Apparently that requirement can be caused by a nature of OS X’s sandbox environment. Support assisted with this. They were incredibly fast. I called today and got that advice within 3 minutes of picking up the phone. :-)

1 Like

How did you actually resolve the issue? I’m just beginning to experience this.

It’s been a long time since I had this issue. If I remember correctly, I had just installed version 2 and not yet rebooted; I often go for days without rebooting. I contacted support and they suggested I reboot. Once I’d done that, the problem went away.

I just ran through some tests with the latest version, 2.1.3 v92.8. The bug doesn’t present itself.

I’m sorry I can’t help more. Good luck with resolving the issue.