Recurring Next Action but only during certain months

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help on the best way to do this. I have some next actions related to taking care of some things only during warm months. For example I have to bait a yellow jacket trap every first week during April, May, June, July, August, September

Winter months no need. Any way to do that in omnifocus? It is in a recurring single action list so I cannot pause the project.

Thanks!

As a basic option, since I don’t have any programming experience, I would defer it and have it due on the first day of each month starting in April and have it repeat monthly. After September you would defer it until the next April. (You could always make a task to remind you to defer all of the items on September 15th or something). Or you could create a tag for ‘Warm months’ and tag each item and put the tag on hold after the last instance in September and just keep the recurrence for each month or defer date (depends how you deal with deferred dates in your system) and then set a task to take the tag off hold in March.

Either the above or make an entry for each month which repeats yearly and no need for further maintenance.

That’s the solution I’d have proposed

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.