Refresh a to-do list every day

I don’t know if this is possible to do, but I can’t figure this out:

Let’s say I have a list of 10 tasks that I’d like to do every day, and I want them ordered within a sequential project so that I can view them in a perspective and only see the next available task. The tasks are ordered by priority, so that I do the most important task first, and perhaps on most days I don’t even get to the 10th task.

Is there a way to have the whole list repeat daily, with a refreshed list with the priority tasks again at the top, no matter how far down the list I got the previous day. Ideally this method wouldn’t have to use a “due today” function, so I can keep this project out of my forecast. It’s like my daily maintenance, and it doesn’t really matter if I get it done, but I want to do the priority tasks again at the start of the next day.

If you attempt to figure out how to do this, I thank you in advance!

Create a project with the 10 tasks in and set it to repeat daily, then set it that when you mark the project complete, it repeats from this project’s completion.

This way if you only complete 2 tasks one day, then mark the project as complete, it will create a whole new project.

That’s pretty good, thank you. I kept thinking the only way to complete the project was to actually complete every task (I mean “click” complete not actually complete each task haha) which was cumbersome to have to do.

It is still a little bit annoying that I can’t simply go to the perspective that contains this project, and somehow make it refresh right there in the perspective. In order to complete the project I have to “show in projects” first, then complete the project, then go back to the perspective.

But, all in all, can’t complain too much I guess.

Have you tried completing the project in the inspector? You may need to clean up afterwards (CMD+K).

As far as I can tell, in the inspector I can complete the task by marking complete, but I can’t complete the master project that all 10 tasks are within.

Is this on iOS or macOS? On macOS the option is at the top of the inspector, on iOS you probably need to customise the inspector to show Project Status for this.

1 Like

This is on the macOS, and I just figured out the discrepancy. In the perspective I was using, tasks were not grouped into projects. Now that I have changed that setting (which is fine by me to view things this way) I am able to click on the project itself, and complete in in the inspector.

Thank you rosemaryjayne!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.