Repeating Weekday Tasks

Hello all, I’ve done some searching but have yet to find a way to handle this specific goal.

The Situation

I have a task to remind me to job tickets in our organizational project management system.

It should…

1. only appear on Weekdays (not weekends)
  2. only appear after 4:00 PM (unless I failed to do it the previous day).

My Attempts

I have tried…

• having a repeating task deferred to 4:00 PM set to “defer again” 1 day later, but when I complete the task on Friday it appears on Saturday as well.
  • having it “Repeat Every Week” with MTWHF checked. This will not repeat on weekends, but the moment I miss a day the dates are completely wrong, which means tasks will appear on weekends unless I “mark as complete” over and over to catch up.

The Question
Is there a way in OmniFocus to have repeating tasks that understand weekends which also don’t “stack” on top of one another when you fail to complete them? I understand the value of “Repeat Every” being based on initial due dates for things like bills, but for this type of situation I’m left wishing there was a “Repeat Every” which skipped missed days to catch up.

having it “Repeat Every Week” with MTWHF checked.

This sounds like your best option.

This will not repeat on weekends, but the moment I miss a day the dates are completely wrong, which means tasks will appear on weekends unless I “mark as complete” over and over to catch up.

If you miss a day (or days) change the defer date to the next day you want this to show up to avoid having to manually check each day you missed.