Replicate a circusponies feature now that they have shutdown

Hi kcase. Would you care to explain what “filtering” is?

Thanks!

@kcase. Wow, that’s great news. That definitely could bring OO a CPN replacement, or even more importantly, an excellent solution for keeping running logbooks/notebooks/etc. This is an area that is really lacking in note-taking software. I can tell you that it’s maddening to people in my scientific field that with hundreds of note-taking software, there’s really nothing that works all that well for a running notebook. CPN was the best, but OO could be better.

How filtering is implemented could make a huge difference though. Will one be able see the filtered items in context? Of course it could get messy with too much context. Obviously Omni has their own ideas about how this should be implemented, but Is there any place on the forums where a discussion that includes users views’ would be appropriate?

onenote is actually pretty good. Not as good as the windows version, but not too bad. But it’s still not the fantastic notebook solution that OO could be with properly implemented filtering.

+1 +1 +1. Heck, +100!!!

+1 +1 +1. Heck, +100!!!

But I repeat myself…

A post was split to a new topic: What should filtering look like in OmniOutliner?

[quote=“kcase, post:20, topic:22266”]
We’re planning to add filtering support to OmniOutliner later this year.
[/quote]Is there understanding how far is this feature in the OO roadmap from the present moment? (not ETA, but how many features should come before the OO team starts working on filtering?)

We’ve already started work on filtering, and that work is coming along quite well.

However, I don’t expect it to ship before the next round of operating system updates for Mac and iOS—which I expect we’ll need to start working on immediately following WWDC, which is just a few weeks away. (If Apple follows their recent pattern, we can expect to see iOS 10 ship to customers in September, and OS X 10.12 in October.)

Does it mean that October is the earliest date to see filtering in the OO staging versions?

I’ll be able to answer that question better in a few weeks: it really depends on how destabilizing the new operating system updates turn out to be.

As WWDC is just finished now, is it still to early to ask for updates on this?