Request for insultingly dumb script

Hi hackers,

Does there exist, or could anyone whip up, an AppleScript that will create a new blank OO document, perhaps with a preset template?

Motivation: I’d love to be able to make OO as transparent and easy to use as Notes.app. One thing Notes has is a single button to create a new new note from the browser level. I think such a script could serve an analogous purpose.

Thanks!

Mike

1 Like

There is no need to use AppleScript for this. When you open a template file directly from the finder OmniOutliner will create a new document based on this template.

The standard templates folder is

/Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniOutliner/Templates/

Sven.

From the OmniOutliner help file:

Unless you’ve set OmniOutliner’s preferences differently, the first thing you’ll see when you launch OmniOutliner is the new Resource Browser. The Resource Browser (File ▸ Resource Browser; Command-N or Shift-Command-N) makes it easy for you to open a recently-saved file, or to create awesome looking documents by starting out with a Template.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

The reason I want to do this via AppleScript is because I want to be able to create a new OO document from an arbitrary directory, so I don’t have to deal with Save As file dialogue boxes at all. In other words, to make it as convenient to create a new document as in Notes.app.