Requirements for Omnigroup apps

Sorry, couldn’t find an explanation for or a discussion to the requirements of the Omnigroup apps. I got a perfectly running Mac Mini here, with an i7 processor, 16GB of RAM and a 4TB SSD. If I bought this setup from Apple today it would cost me not less than 3 1/2 thousand bucks, not mentioned the scanner with Silverfast licence I had to replace. The MacOS 10.15 it is running is what has been the latest version not much more than 1 yr ago.

I fell in love with Omnioutliner on iOS and was thinking about buying it for MacOS because of the larger screen there and the overall better handling with a proper keyboard and a mouse.

But why should I buy an app that wants me to spend a lot of money and replace working gear to run - let’s be honest - a fancy wordprocessor? Is it what Omnigroup calls “sustainability”?

Maybe there is a thread about that or a blog entry to explain the backgrounds of this I did not found. I would be thankful for a link.

Thank you.

An OmniFocus subscription unlocks all features on all devices where OmniFocus is available. Don’t think much hard, I think it’s completely worth the need. With tools to help tame the chaos, you can focus on the right tasks at the right time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.