Resources for iOS only Omnifocus

I have an iPad Air 2 and an iPhone 6s, both with Omnifocus. I am a beginner with trying to fully grasp many aspects of GTD and Omnifcous and am looking for some help. I don’t have a Mac, and I know that OF on the Mac is like the central control center of the software, and the iOS are like satelite hubs of it. I am trying to get the most out of OF on my iPad and iPhone alone. (Can one do well wtih just these versions?)

I know that there are many resources to learn how to effectively use OF, but I think that they are primarily for the Mac (Brett Kelly, MacSparky, LearnOmnifocus.com, Asian Efficiency, etc… Does anyone know of where to find good resources for someone like me that only uses the iOS versions of this? Although it is minimal in many respects, there is quite a learning curve for OF. If you have any ideas, let me know! Thanks!

Sean

The basic concepts apply on Mac and iOS. The only thing that I haven’t been able to do on the iOS version is archival backups, batch editing, and Applescripts. I don’t really use a lot of the Applescripts that are available for OmniFocus 2 for Mac so it doesn’t bother me as much…

I’ve been using the iPad version as my main hub more often nowadays. I’m not always at my Mac and have found that the iOS version is very capable of being a standalone.

The addition of a bluetooth keyboard is also helpful.

The OmniFocus share extension in iOS is quite handy.

I do’t really know of any resources that are specific to the iOS version but you can do almost everything on iOS that you can do on the Mac.

Omnigroup does have an OmniFocus 2 for iOS manual that is helpful. Here is the web version:

https://support.omnigroup.com/documentation/en/omnifocus-2-for-ios-user-manual/

You can also download it for free at the Apple iBookstore on your iPad and iPhone.

1 Like

I am hoping for a revised version or layout for the iPad Pro. I prefer the layout of the Mac version when it comes to creating projects.

… and managing attachments and, most importantly, focus mode — app is named OmniFocus, but you can’t (use) focus on iOS. Sad. :-/

1 Like