Revewing in OF2 on IOS

Hello,
I take it I can only review my projects after a full week has passed each time? I like to review on weekends, sometimes it overflows onto a Monday. Seems like I can review each task or project after a full week has passed, so if I end up reviewing on a Monday I have to wait until the following Monday right before I can next review?

Ideally would be good to review back on the weekends again even if I reviewed on a Monday and was a little lats reviewing.

Hope you understand what I mean.

I know I can change the review time to daily but don’t wish ti change this everytime for every project. Would be good to know if there was a setting ti default all new projects to a ‘daily’ review so every weekend all my projects would appear for review.

This is not a huge deal but would be good to read your opinions.

Thankyou in advance.

I understand completely and have the same need. Send an e-mail to omnifocus@omnigroup.com and let them know that one more user thinks such a feature would make things easier.

1 Like

Email sent ;-)

I think I responded to your ticket this morning, but just so anyone else reading this knows what’s up…

I know I can change the review time to daily but don’t wish ti change this everytime for every project. Would be good to know if there was a setting ti default all new projects to a ‘daily’ review so every weekend all my projects would appear for review.

We can set a default review interval by going into OmniFocus Preferences, then popping into the Dates & Times preferences tab, and changing the “By default, review projects every:” section to 1 day(s). That’ll set a global default for a daily review without having to mark that for each individual action.

I don’t think it’s possible to set the default review settings on iOS.

Indeed, unfortunately we don’t have that in the iOS app right now, but we do have a feature request in our development database to add that! If that’s something you’d like to see, send us an email at omnifocus-ios@omnigroup.com.

If you’ve got OF for Mac, I believe @joebuhlig has your solution via Applescript on the Mac side:

1 Like

OP was asking about reviewing in iOS app.

You can change the default review setting on iOS using this web page:

http://people.omnigroup.com/dave/review.html

(Behind the scenes, the page generates a ///change-setting URL of the form omnifocus:///change-setting?ProjectInfoReviewRepetitionString=@1w. The default @1w in that URL gets replaced by the desired interval, e.g. @3d for changing the default review period to be every three days.)

Hope this helps!

2 Likes