Search? - doesn't find anything

The thing is, there should be consistency between the iOS and OS-X apps. On iOS search is global, on OS-X not. I found this confusing too when I started with OF.

@MarkSealey: thanks for the tip to make sure that no Contexts and no Projects are selected! I have an “All” perspective for my global search but this works nice also.

The feedback has been very helpful. Thank you to everyone.

I am going to swim in the concepts for a while and re-evaluate. I’m due for some mind bending anyways, it’s healthy!

I’ve had @quadgrande’s problem since I started with OF 6-7 yrs ago. And I had never been able to consistently search on everything. Following @MarkSealey’s suggestions I realized a simple second click on Context or Project unselected, and my global search worked. Wow. So simple after all this time.

Perhaps ‘search’ might be better named as ‘filter’ ?

If you want to search everything, an ‘all’ perspective is useful.

I keep longing for consistency between the iOS and OS-X versions. I do most of my work in OF on my iPad during the day at the office. Today I wanted to search something and used command-F on my iMac. It only found one action while I was sure there were more. After a few minutes I remembered that searching on the iMac was different and then I succeed finding the actions I was looking for, by using my All perspective and the search field in the toolbar.

I just want consistency and no confusion :)

1 Like