Search doesn't search whole document

Hi all.

Just realised that the Search function (NOT Find) doesn’t search in the whole document; it only looks at the part that is currently displayed in the main window.

I suspect that I’ll have to use Applescript to search in the whole document (and remember where I was when I initiated the search). I’ve already found (in this forum) a script that may do what I want.

One question, though: is it possible, in OO, to add a button in the toolbar that will execute a script? Or do we have to use an alternative (Launchbar, going to through the Help menu, Keyboard Maestro, etc.)? (I believe this is possible in other Omni applications.)

Thanks.

Yes, it’s definitely possible to execute a script from the toolbar! First, go to Help > Open Scripts Folder and place the AppleScript here.

Then, go to View > Customize Toolbar. The AppleScript should appear in the list of toolbar options, so drag it up to the toolbar.

For more information on this, check out OmniOutliner 4 for Mac User Manual: Customizing the Toolbar

While search will only currently retrieve results from the section that’s being focused on, I’ll let the team know you’d like to see this operate instead as a global search in a future release. Thanks for letting us know that’d benefit your use!

1 Like

Hi Aaron. Thanks for the reply.

I moved a script in the appropriate folder and then it appeared in the dialog that allows customisation of the toolbar. Thanks.