Searching in OF

In OF1 and OF2, when I type in a search, it filters the current perspective. however, I would like to see it not erase when i chose another perspective… let me choose to do that. I want the search/filter to stay as i click from due or today to inbox or whatever i meant to search in. when i am done, i’ll hit the X to clear the search/filter.

6 Likes

I would also like the ability for boolean searches. I believe I may have read somewhere ages ago that that was happening in V2.

Searching seems quicker in OF2, but it would be so helpful to be able to have options for “search all” or “search completed” and so on.

One thing I’ve noticed is that folder names don’t come up in searches. They do come up in searches in HoudahSpot (using the search category “Containing Folder Names”), but not in OmniFocus. Perhaps I’m an edge case, but often I use the same name (even repeating names with “Defer Another”) for tasks and projects (e.g., “Circulate agenda for next meeting”), and I can keep them separate within different folders. Anyway, I think it would be useful to have folder names come up in searches.

2 Likes