Seeing hierarchical name in outline view

Is there any way to see the full hierarchical project name in the outline view?

I have Personal:Foo and Work:Foo and it can be hard to distinguish since only Foo is shown.

I’m aware of the “Show folders in the outline” option, but that isn’t quite what I want (especially with the data density issue). Further, (as best I can tell) it’s not available for perspectives.

3 Likes

Completely agree … Same for context hierarchy in projects …

I have:

staff
----staff name 1
----------- waiting
----------- next
----------- sometime
----staff name 2
----------- waiting
----------- next
----------- sometime

And all I am seeing now in the project view is “next next next waiting waiting waiting” , it becomes useless to plan in project mode because of that.

It seems that there is plenty of room to show the information, it is actually quite annoying to see all this white space not used for something so important …

Agree with you. It should be easy to show to the folder name too in the view.
I had the same issue with Personal:Task and Work:Tasks. Solved it easily by changing to Personal:Personal Tasks and Work:Work Tasks.

I agree. Please add me to those requesting this.

Thank you for posting this. This is an important custom configuration that I hope is ported over from the previous version. I will be submitting a feature request to support at support@omnigroup.com. I would encourage you all to do the same.

+1

I have the same issues. For example, I track many of my open source projects using the following structure:

• Open Source Project 1
  • Ideas
  • Bugs
  • Enhancements
  • Maintenance
  • Open Source Project 2
  • Ideas
  • Bugs
  • Enhancements
  • Maintenance
  • …etc…

When using a “Next Action” perspective that only shows available projects with next available task I see multiple tasks in the “Enhancements” sub-project but have no idea what the related parent project is (i.e. is it Open Source Project 1 or is it Open Source Project 2?).

This is confusing and not helpful at all. I’d consider this a major issue that needs immediate attention.