Setting a perspective that shows only one next task

I would like to somehow set up a perspective that will contain all my tasks for the day, but only show them one at a time, such as the view option “first available” for projects.

I think there is a psychological benefit to only seeing one option for what to do next, so I don’t keep choosing the easiest options.

The only thing I can think to do is move all my tasks for the day to a project, then use the first available view option.

But I wonder if there is a more elegant solution?

You might find Minus.app useful which helps people focus on one thing at a time. (https://minus.io)

Minus.app has a feature called Task Bar which reads from your OmniFocus and displays your topmost task on the desktop. It has a built-in timer, a pause button, completion celebration animations, and other attention-grabbing features.

You can also simply drag tasks from OmniFocus to Minus.app when you need additional concentration. When your OmniFocus task has a time estimate, the Minus Task Bar will read that too and start the timer automatically.

I am one of the creators of Minus. Here to help people focus.

Thank you. Daniel

Hi Daniel,

That looks very interesting!! Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

Jon

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.