Skipping or dropping a task

I’m new to Omnifocus and I’m currently testing the Pro-Try-Out Version 3.4.5 (v128.30).

Is there a way to skip a repeating task? Skipping seems only to work with projects by changing the status to “dropped” or am I missing something?

I think there are a few ways to skip something:

• drop
  • defer
  • complete

Because of how I have my repeated tasks occur, if I want to skip one I mark as Complete.

Dropping a repeated task will give you the option to Cancel action, Skip this occurrence or Drop Task completely.

Thank you, ScoutsHonor, however on my version the action to drop a single task is greyed out:

Is this because it’s the test version?
I just found a youtube video which says dropping an indivdual task is possible (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYW9MMIrmSo) and I can’t get this to work here.

Also the filter rule ‘Availability: Dropped’ is missing in omnifocus perspectives creation dialoge window. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think I’ve figured it out why the “dropping” functionality isn’t working for me. I have an old Omnifocus Version installed on my Mac, which I only used for a short time, because I wasn’t happy about the ‘context’ approach then. I like how OF3 handles tags now very much, by the way.

Will unregistering this old version (at ‘File’/‘Migrate Database…’) cause problems with the discount for users of previous versions of OF?

Yes, I think once you’ve migrated your database all the “new” functionality will appear.

1 Like

Will unregistering this old version (at ‘File’/‘Migrate Database…’) cause problems with the discount for users of previous versions of OF?

I don’t know. I would think you enter your old registration information when you purchase the upgrade and get new from Omni? I don’t think I have done a major upgrade in a long time - all step increments. Would be a good question for them as to the prefered action and please let us know what you find out.

I’ve removed the old OmniFocus from the Database Sync and everything is working as expected, dropping individual tasks is now possible and the discount option is still there.
I have to test the new OF for some time, making sure I don’t buy it again only to find out that I’d prefer to keep my old task system. But so far I really like it.

Thanks @all
Johanna

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.