Slow & sluggish after a while

My mac is powerful enough to run OF 2.

The problem is after opening OF for some time it will be sluggish when i switch window to it. e.g. switching from safari to OF 2 it will lag for 1 to 2 seconds before popping into view.

If i quit OF, and reopen, the problem disappears. Now switching to it is quick and just like any other app.

Maybe memory leak? Or is App nap to blame?

1 Like

How clean/large is your database?

• Did you rebuild the database? How does that affect performance?
  • Have you archived stuff (in whatever manner) and/or deleted stuff that is no longer of use? How does that affect performance?

–
JJW

done both of the above. It’s still the same. Sluggish after a while, re-open and its fine.

My database is small, 76 actions, 16 project

No clue otherwise then. Perhaps check the console log and see if OF is sending out warning or error messages. Alternatively try rebooting either in Safe Mode, or create a clean new user account without any of your otherwise “extra” extensions. As a final kludge, create an AppleScript or Automator script to close and reopen OF every so often.

Hope something finally resolves your problem.

–
JJW

Thanks for the suggestions, i just opened up console and saw lots of errors popping up. Not sure what it means but i’m sure the OF guys knows. Just sent it to them.

You’ll see many warnings and errors. The only ones that concern OG are the ones that are from OF itself.

–
JJW

yes i sent only OF errors. unfortunately support has not gotten back with me yet.

done both of the above. It’s still the same. Sluggish after a while, re-open and its fine.

FSL: