Slow sync in OmniFocus 4

It’s been over two and a half weeks since I emailed support but haven’t had a reply. I’ve emailed them in the past and the always gotten back to me in a couple of days. I don’t think I’ll get a reply back on this one.

2 Likes

I’m still experiencing slow synchs as well.

But I love OF4 :-)

1 Like

@kcase
@SupportHumans

Any progress or ideas on this, please?

It can still take several minutes to synch…

Shall I open a formal support ticket?

Hi Mark, Unfortunately there’s been no progress. I’ve still got the sync issues, and to honest its quiet off putting. Especially if I’m out and go to my phone, I’ve got to wait (for what feels ages) for things to sync up so I can progress and see what my actual lists are.

You could definitely raise a support ticket and I would love to hear if you get a response what they say.

It’s been well over a month since I raised my support ticket, but no one has got back to me at all.

1 Like

Thanks, Grant!

I don’t want to be critical (of Omni)… long time supporter and happy user.

Have contacted Support for their advice.

Yes, longtime user here too. With all of their products.

I’ve always had a great response from their support team with any questions, so not sure why they haven’t responded for this one.

Keep me posted as I’d love to get that instant sync feel as their is with other apps.

We have seen several reports of slowness in version 4 and are actively working on some things to help with performance. That being said, if you are experiencing something unusual or would like us to take a look at your specific case, reaching out to us via email or calling in to our support line is advised. Looking through the tickets in our queue I do see that Grant reached out to us a while ago, and was answered today. We did experience a hight volume of tickets are are doing our best to catch up to that backlog as quickly as possible. Sorry for the delay!

3 Likes

Thanks April, I’ve emailed the sync logs from all my devices as requested and hope it helps with the resolve!

2 Likes

To all in this thread, here is the repy that I got back from support. This was back on 19th March. To be honest I just haven’t been able to use OF4 because the slow sync time and no push notifications was just plain painful and unproductive. I love the app and everything it offers but I can get on any other app and everything syncs across all devices almost instantly. I’m still hopeful that they will fix it so I can return to OF4.

Omnigroup response after viewing my sync logs:
‘That all being said, the logs suggest that normal syncing is happening, however it certainly does seem to take a bit longer than I would expect. Some of that could depend on what changes were made but when looking at your server account it does appear the database is healthy and shouldn’t cause any sync troubles. I suspect that some of the slowness you’re seeing will be relieved with the changes we are working on for an upcoming release.”

Just wanted to let everybody know that my sync times have considerably improved. There seems to be very little lag between devices now which is fantastic. I’m able to get back into OmniFocus and really enjoying everything it has to offer. I hope everyone else has improved sync times two.

2 Likes