Slow sync time for larger files. Help me understand

So, I maintain a single OO file for class notes. Right now, it’s about 50 MB and bound to get much larger. I would like to be able to work with the same file on both my iPad and Mac, but it seems like Omni’s idea of a sync involves syncing the entire document again–not just the changes. The wait time between saving the document on my Mac and having it available on my iPad is 5 minutes or more. Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong or ways to change sync settings?

I’m with you here.

I’m working on an OO document, and I just imported a large image (22MB). It seems like every time I save the whole pkg file gets re-uploaded to the server - not just the XML file, or even better, a diff. I don’t think it’s an issue with small files, but with large files it seems quite inefficient, both for the user’s bandwidth, but surely for Omni’s sync server as well.

OmniPresence does sync your whole file each time, not just the changes. @funkydan2 and @jonteamere, you should both email OmniPresence@OmniGroup.com to let us know you’d like to see incremental syncing implemented. (If you haven’t already done so.)

1 Like

Thanks April, I’ll send that through. However if I understand the latest omni email newsletter, it looks like you’re considering implementing iCloud with OO as well, and I think that would work better for me anyway.

@AprilR @funkydan2 I’ve sent an email through, but wasn’t aware of the possible iCloud integration. That’d be great. But still, incremental syncing would be the way to go. My OO files tend to be huge!