So why is it impossible for Omni to implement "Multiple Contexts" in OmniFocus?

This is just my theory, and I do not think Omni peeps will agree on that, but at least I hope this topic won’t be moved or removed.

Since my first days with OF1, I think about 5 years ago, I remember tons of requests about multiple context. I think it is technically impossible for the Omni to implement that change, without completely redesigning the core, meaning writing OmniFocus from scratch.
This situation was present with ProTools software, later on purchased by AVID. There was no offline bouncing (digital rendering) of the mix. Only real time rendering. It took almost 2 decades until finally they were able to redesign the code the way it allowed a plugin to render the whole mix offline.

I think Omni is not able to implement changes, which means that there is nothing to wait for. It simply won’t happen.

OmniFocus 2 is such a powerful tool, it has completely no flexibility.

2 Likes

I moved 83 posts to an existing topic: Multiple Contexts per Task [No ETA, but planned to be implemented.]

This topic is now unlisted. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.

1 Like