Styling for CheckMarks / CheckBoxes

Is there a way to change the size / style of a CheckBox and CheckMark (in a checkbox COLUMN)? That CheckMark is just so tiny!

I want the CheckMark in a checked CheckBox to be much more prominent, so I can see more easily, while skimming a very long outline, which rows are checked and which are not.

If the CheckBox could be a lighter grey, and the CheckMark could be bigger / bolder, that would help a ton. It’d be more like a most web browsers, etc.

Does anyone else have this issue? Or have I just not found a setting for this?

Thanks,

3 Likes

Good idea.
Also, is there a way to assign a shortcut to show/hide checkboxes? And to show a button on the toolbar?

Also, is there a way to assign a shortcut to show/hide checkboxes?

You can assign the following to a hotkey.

tell application id "OOut"

set current_state to status visible of front document

if current_state is true then
		set status visible of front document to false
	else if current_state is false then
		set status visible of front document to true
	end if

end tell

Having recently started using OmniOutliner again in earnest, I’ve run into this problem too. I find that if I create a column of type “checkbox” in a long document, the checkmarks in the checkboxes are so faint that they are difficult to notice. I would welcome the ability to make the checkmark darker. It does not appear that there’s a way to control the style of the checkboxes and checkmarks, though.

I’m using OO4 Pro, in case it matters.

Is there any movement on this? I’d love to be able to make checkboxes more prominent. Using 5.4.1 now.

I gave up on Omni Outliner years ago. I now use Todoist. It’s not perfect either, but it’s been much better for me than OO.