Tags (Combined) prevents Dragging to manually order tasks within Tag

Using Omnifocus 3.3.2 for Mac, I ran into a problem with a custom perspective where similar tasks either did not sort together as I would like, or did not appear at all. The tasks were coming from Inbox (no project, no tags), a project outline (project specified, but no tags OR both specified), etc. If I changed the Group By to Tags (Combined), this problem was solved, which made sense once I discovered it. However, I quickly discovered that when Group By is set to Tags (Combined) I could no long do manually reordering of tasks within a Tag by dragging, using the keyboard to move a task up or down, etc. When I tried dragging, the display showed the task content moving around, but did not show the moving graphic indicating where the task would be moved to. When I dropped, the task jumped back to its original position.

Can you suggest any way to get this to work?

1 Like

You can’t reorder tasks in this type of perspective (sorted by Tags (Combined)) because the result would be ambiguous.

In the underlying tasks, they can be reordered inside part of a project or a single tag. A perspective allows task reordering when one of those things is displayed.

See also this thread: Manual sorting in custom perspectives now works?!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.