Tasks to repeat only in summer or for x time

How does handle handles tasks that have to be done either seasonally; mow the lawn every week or cycle the boiler heat every 2 weeks?

Or tasks that have to be done once day for 10 days?

How does handle handles tasks that have to be done either seasonally;

There isn’t currently a way to limit the number of times an item repeats (e.g. repeat x times or repeat until a specified date). This would be very helpful and encourage you to share this feedback with the Omni Group by emailing them at omnifocus@omnigroup.com.

In the meantime…

mow the lawn every week or cycle the boiler heat every 2 weeks?

You could manually update the defer date at the end of the season so that this action doesn’t become available again until the appropriate date.

Or tasks that have to be done once day for 10 days?

You could use the recently introduced drop action feature. Specifically, once the ten days have passed, you could drop the repeating action then tap Drop Completely.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

I have a bazillion recurring Maintenance (project) tasks that I filter using Spring Fall Summer Winter tags (among others). I used to have a pre-Freeze context where I knew I had to complete to tasks before the first freeze, but now I just filter by the seasonal tag and build my fairly obsessive weather-junkie monitoring into the defer & due dates for that season, because with global warming there ain’t no stationarity (to use a science nerd term). For example, I now have to catch the yellowjacket queens much earlier than before, and I may need to insulate something later than before.

I use Rose Orchard’s Repeat X times in OmniFocus shortcut.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.