Test build expiring today?

OmniFocus 2.0.1 test (v87.5 r211283 built Jun 10 2014) appears to be expiring today. I was expecting a new build or release. What’s the right course of action?

Build expired. Guess I go back to the release version. Very sloppy Omni Group.

Download r211310, posted on June 10? It won’t expire for another week. (Sorry that it didn’t show up in software update.)

So software update doesn’t show an update? Come on, how was I supposed to figure that out? All the other betas I used updated fine with software update. Geez.

Ok. So I’ve reverted to the 2.0 release. I get an update dialog for the test version. The version that isn’t supposed to expire for another week? I install using the built in update mechanism, and relaunch OF.

Not sure what the game is. I thought I had it figured out.

So after clicking on the Check Web Site button I’m directed to a manual download from the test builds page. I manually upgrade. Success!

I believe the new upgrade mechanism could use some work.

Sorry, I hadn’t had a chance to look into what the issue was until this morning, since my attention for the last week has been focused on supporting the released app rather than on our test builds. (We have a lot of new customers, and we’ve been trying to scale up our sync server and email support to keep up!)

The issue was that the final test build (with the extended expiration date) was accidentally posted to the private test software update feed rather than the public test feed. I’ve updated the public test feed to include it now.

(We submitted 2.0.1 to the App Store last week, where it’s currently waiting for review. We’ll be releasing it as soon as possible once Apple approves the update.)

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Some posts in this thread were flagged for failure to disagree agreeably. Agreeing with the flags. If the authors edit their posts to remove the personal attacks, their posts will be restored to visibility.

2 Likes