Toolbar "filter only flagged" like in v1

I am really missing the “show only flagged” button in the toolbar. Anyone else missing this functionality in v2?

What is the difference between this and the Flagged perspective? I’m not sure I understand how you are trying to use it to be able to answer that. Sorry!

Hi,

In v1, I could quickly filter any view to just show the flagged items in that view by pushing a “show only flagged items” button. It did not change any settings for that view except to hide un-flagged items.

I found this extremely helpful - it literally halved my number of perspectives. I use the unfiltered version of a perspective to decide what I want to flag (to follow up that day or week) and then pushed the “show only fledged items button” filter out those not flagged leaving me with the tasks I want to focus on (really helpful if the perspective in question is a person/agenda).

Does that make sense?

1 Like

The view bar is one of things I miss from v1, too. You can change the current view to only display flagged items via the change view button (the big eye button).

I use small AppleScripts to quickly change view options that I trigger via Keyboard Maestro. You could also add them to the toolbar.

Here is the script to only display flagged items:

tell application id "com.omnigroup.omnifocus2"
tell default document
tell front document window
tell content
set selected task flagged filter identifier to "flagged"
end tell
end tell
end tell
end tell

If you change “flagged” to “all” you can quickly switch back to displaying all items. Other task flagged filters are “unflagged”, “due”, “due-or-flagged”, “due-and-flagged”, “due-and-unflagged”.

cool. What shortcut combination do you use? …just got it running with Apple Script but all the decent/easy shortcuts are already taken.

by the way, here is your script modified to toggle:

tell application “OmniFocus”
tell default document
tell front document window
tell content
if selected task flagged filter identifier is “flagged” then
set selected task flagged filter identifier to “all”
else
set selected task flagged filter identifier to “flagged”
end if
end tell
end tell
end tell
end tell

I just assigned ‘ctrl-v’ to all scripts via Keyboard Maestro. Keyboard Maestro then displays a palette: