Two perspectives gives different results from same dataset

Hi, I am trying to have two perspectives for the same dataset one by Project and the other not by Project but grouped by Context, what I cannot work is why they give a different result.

One gives me 33 Actions, 11 Projects, 6 Folders whilst the other gives 27 Actions, 11 Contexts and I really cannot work out why, any thoughts appreciated.

Thank you for your help

Hi @iwaddo! Do you happen to have action groups (actions with sub-items) in those projects? If so, those will appear in the project hierarchy perspective since the rows are used for hierarchical reference. Since “don’t use project hierarchy” uses a flattened list, and action group parents aren’t considered “available” until their children are complete, you will see a lower count there.

I hope that helps! If not, or if you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our support team.

2 Likes

HI, yes I think that is the problem, I now need to decide what perspective I should be using as I keep getting the sense that something is missing and that I could be moving on to the next task but can only do that if is showing.

If that makes any sense?

Thank you for your help.

Regards, Ian.

1 Like