Updating Omnifocus fails

With this message
Capture2023-01-02_06-49-47_PM2
(while this message is visible a Finder dialog shows “Checking Permissions”)

When pressing Cancel on the dialog a Finder window of the (empty) folder com.omnigroup.framework.OmniSoftwareUpdate in ~/Library/Containers/OmniFocus/Data/Library/Caches is opened

Restarting Omnifocus (as suggested in the dialog) doesn’t help, and the problem has been present on 2 different Macs (Mini and MacbookPro) for almost half a year (currently trying to update from 3.14 to 3.14.3)

I think, that the Finder dialog with “Checking Permissions” indicates that running a disk repair might solve the problem, but as I am having the same problem on 2 different macs (Mini from 2018 and MacbookPro from 2021), the problem might be more Omnifocus-specific.

Anny suggestions?

/Karl Erik
Farum Denmark

I haven’t seen this error, but I would suggest downloading the current version of OmniFocus from Omni’s website and reinstalling it.

Good luck!

Well I have been doing that (downloading latest version, and installed manually) for the last 5 - 10 i have updated Omnifocus.

/Karl Erik Jessen

Right. Me too, That’s the workaround suggested by Omni support, via an automated email reply, so I guess we’re not the only ones. It’s not ideal but it is quite fast and easy, I suppose they have more pressing issues to solve.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.