Web Version and more Integration Please

What looks old and outdated is a matter of taste, I guess – I prefer the functional design of Omnifocus to the design of the other applications. But what is it that makes you waste time in dealing with the interface? If it is the lack of multiple tags or manual ordering of tasks in perspectives, those features could be expected later this year.

1 Like

That is true it is a matter of taste. An example would be a repeating project or checklist which in Things and ToDo can be performs with ease letting you know how many more steps you have left in the checklist and once the number of steps in the checklist reach zero your can easily complete the checklist. The closest thing there is is simply a project. Which breaks up each of the steps into a separate task and indicates that in the badges. I realize that if I was going to run strickly as GTD this would be proper. However GTD can be combined with other forms of productivity which I believe is sometimes more useful than with GTD alone. It appears that Things3 and ToDo-Cloud have allowed for this.

Another example would be the Forecast views in OF. They require addition time to filter things in order to get the things you want for today unless you want to set a due date, or one by one flag the tasks you desire. That or come up with a new perspective that hopefully has used the correct contexts in order to get the proper items to come up in the perspective. The idea is to get to the answer with the minimum amount of fuss. I spend more time manipulating OF to retrieve the answers I’m looking for than I have with the trial versions of Things3 or Todo Cloud.

The checklists in Things are in fact an indication of one of Things’ limitations – the lack of true hierarchies – but they are very nicely presented and easily handled. I like them too.

The forecast view in OF will get better with multiple tags and manual sorting later this year. It will be interesting to see how good it will be. At least it should be possible to build a personal forecast view that works the way we want (like in Things, that is).

1 Like