Weekly work days and daily working hours questions

Hi, just want to know, if I make the whole project, but some of tasks can only work 8 hours per day. However, some of the tasks can work 12 hours per day such as transportation. I tried to adjust the weekly working day and daily working time, however it seems some problem that I am facing.

1. How to adjust the weekly working day ? I dragged the green rectangle in the calendar to Monday to Saturday (6 working days), but when I adjust 8 hours per day working time on the project menu, it shows 40 hours per week still, which means still 5 working days also.

2. How can I separate the different working hours and weekly working days for each task ? For example, as i mentioned above, some of tasks can only work 8 hours per day. However, some of the tasks can work 12 hours per day such as transportation?

@wynn Great questions! While you can modify a day’s project or resource work hours, OmniPlan is always going to do the hours to days conversion math based on the Effort Unit Conversions specified in the Project Inspector. It is not currently possible to tell OmniPlan to use different conversions at different points in the project, so you’ll probably want to choose the most common day length here. Alternatively, you could disable days in the Formats Inspector so that OmniPlan always shows you duration and effort as an amount in hours.

@ains Well noted and thanks a lot. I think use different conversions at different points in the whole project is a very useful tools for everyone. Hope you see that in next update. :)