What difference exits between repetitions?

Hello!

I have to quick question. When we mark a task like repeated, we can:
-Repeting since ending
or
-Repeting since assigned date

What difference exists between “Repeting since ending” and “Repeting since assigned date”?

Thank you! :)

I think you mean Repeat on Completion and Repeat on Assigned Date. This might help:

We have a farrier due every six weeks to reshoe the horses. If he is late, I want his next visit to be six weeks from when he was last here, not six weeks from when he was supposd to be here. So for him, I use Repeat on Completion.

For paying bills, I want to pay bills every two weeks. If I miss the Due date, I still want to pay bills again on that date so I use Repeat on Assigned Date.

HTH

4 Likes

That you for that fresh and delightful illustrative vision!

1 Like

I am not sure that this is a good example : if I pay my bills every two weeks and I am three weeks late, then I should only have one instance of the “Pay bills” task, not two. The task is a reminder to pay bills at least every 2 weeks, and each time you do it, then you are ok for 2 weeks.

A better example maybe : if every week on Monday I need to read my team’s report, then it is a “repeat on assigned date” task; if I come back from a 3 week holiday, then I will have 3 reports to read.

1 Like

Hello friends!

Now, I´ve understand good about this!

Thank you!!! =)

From what I have seen, there will be only one instance of “Pay My Bills” until I check off my late one, and the next late one. I guess it depends on how often you pay your bills and how demanding the creditors are!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.