What is the future of OmniPlan?

For those who might have missed this, my blog post reviewing 2014 and talking about our plans for 2015 included these notes about OmniPlan:

Yosemite brought a new look and feel to the Mac, so we’ll be updating all of our Mac apps to fit in well there. We started this process last year with OmniGraffle 6.1, but we’ll also be updating OmniFocus and OmniOutliner and OmniPlan.

OmniPlan for Mac has long had the ability to import and export Microsoft Project documents, but that support has fallen slightly out of date over time. We’ll be updating OmniPlan to support documents created by Microsoft Project 2013, and we’ll also be bringing that support (both import and export) to the iPad app. (Er, I mean the iOS app! Clearly this move to having all our apps run on both iPhone and iPad is going to take some getting used to.)

Since that was posted, we finished our Yosemite update for OmniFocus. As soon as OmniPlan v2.4 is out the door (this week), we’ll be turning our attention to refreshing OmniPlan for Yosemite.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear you’re still working on OmniPlan. One thing y’all need to take a close look at is the publishing feature. When I used it between two computers with my own webdav server I saw several issues that made me stop using that feature.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Today’s blog post might be of interest to some of you!

Let’s Test OmniPlan 3

OmniPlan 3 offers some pretty serious new features—and a lot of improvements—as we’ve taken your feedback and requests over the past few years and turned complex project management processes into something that we’re proud to showcase in the friendliest PM app.

1 Like

@orion how long will I have to wait to get my hands on that? I signed up.
I am very open to provide a lot of feedback and honestly I don’t want to wait too long.