What is the release date for OF 3 for mac? [September 2018]

Sorry, but that’s what Ken has. I’m happy they’ve finally finished the iOS TestFlight now. The Omnigroup is probably knee deep into the WWDC announcements this week. They’ll probably return back to HQ by next week and will have some strategy sessions about how to divvy up the work to get the Mac version out.

Yes, I understand the impatience and eagerness to get our hands on OF3 for Mac. But at least we’re getting closer.

1 Like

Now that we’ve had a chance to evaluate how WWDC’s announcements affect our development schedules, I’m happy to share that we plan to ship the Mac edition of OmniFocus 3 in September.

If you’d like to help test the Mac app before it ships, sign up here! https://www.omnigroup.com/test/omnifocus

12 Likes

September isn’t too far away.

Like many people on this thread, I’m primarily a Mac user. So I’m using OF3 on the iPhone/iPad as if it were OF2. Looking forward to being able to reorder items and set a forecast tag.

1 Like

This is great news. I’m excited to check the beta out and see what goodness we have in store for us. :)

1 Like

Question re: Upgrade process -

If I have the Mac App Store version of OF2 and want to switch to the non-MAS version, is it still possible to get the upgrade discount?

1 Like

That’s a question for the sales team. They can tell you what can be done.

“You may or may not have seen the Apple keynote just now but iOS and macOS are totally different platforms. You really can’t just port one app from platform to platform.”

Then don’t give false timetables. It’s totally predictable that Apple releases significant changes periodically. This one was no major surprise.

Changes at WWDC were anticipated, though exactly what changes happen and how much work they’ll require to adopt are always a surprise. That said, I’m not sure where your suggestion of a “false timetable” comes from: we’re still very much on schedule for the year’s roadmap that I shared back in January.

6 Likes