What’s your OF4 wishlist

Hiding project names where there are no available actions.

Web version that mirrors the app.

In tags, let me group locations so if I apply a parent tag any subtag location is a suitable location (I.e. if I apply “supermarket” all my local supermarkets are subtags, and I will see the tasks in any of them”

Better boolean logic for deciding what to show (including NOT)

Streamlined tasks (e.g. for a shopping list)

Sharing a task with wife.

Automation that I understand! Or a big pdf which explains it from scratch and has tonnes of exercises and examples)

2 Likes

I guess the speed/sync times all relates back to the fact that OmniFocus isn’t a “web native” application like Todoist for example.

The world has changed a lot since OmniFocus 1.0 but the sync mechanism is largely the same as it’s always been - a bunch of zip files synced periodically via an online file store.

At some point there will have to be a re-think of the current architecture and moving the database to a modern online service has to be up for consideration. That’s a ground up re-design though, a huge amount of work. It also probably cuts off anyone wanting to host their own service for security reasons.

I’m glad it’s not my decision!

2 Likes

I want some more useful mobile app version

1 Like

@MarkSealey Assuming I’m thinking of the right notes bug, we think we have this fixed in the OmniFocus 3.10 for Mac test builds! If you’d like to give this fix a try, these test builds are available for download here.

2 Likes

@CatOne Have you contacted our Support team about the poor performance you’re encountering in OmniFocus? This sounds unusual, and they’d be happy to look into it with you! Support can be reached by email at omnifocus@omnigroup.com or by phone Mon - Fri, 10am - 5pm Pacific at 1 (800) 315-6664 or 1 (206) 523-4152.

Thanks, @ains!

Yes, the bug where more than one URL string pasted into the bottom right Notes field doesn’t always open the right URL itself.

That’s great news.

I’m on 3.9.1 (v144.4.0) and happy to wait for the official release of 3.1

Good luck!

How about better attachment support, move attachments into their own section like on the iOS app

1 Like

Thanks ains for being a part of the discussion! Hopefully these “requirements” will make it to the backlog

I think Omni needs to fulfill some of their promises on 3.x and the Web app and iPad app before we get to 4.x

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.