What's the best way to report important bugs in OmniWeb?

What’s the best way to report important, but non-crashing bugs? A new thread in this forum for each bug? One common thread for all bugs? Anything else?

Current example: A strange issue that occurs on some (not all, not even the majority of) web pages with login name & password fields that are filled by OmniWeb:

When sending the login data, the website claims the data is wrong. But when I put the cursor at the end of each field, delete the last character and type it again, the credentials are recognized and everything works. The credentials data in the keychain is correct, because Safari uses the very same entries, but does not have this issue.

So it seems that OmniWeb either adds or omits something at the end of each string (or gets the last character wrong?!?) that confuses the web server. This issue was already present in the 2014 build I used until recently, and is still present in the current build.

Unfortunately, web sites I know that display this problem are all banking web sites, so I cannot give away the credentials for testing ;), but maybe seeing such a login web page already helps without knowing any credentials. Here is an example: https://kso.bw-bank.de/KSOClient/payback/login

A new thread for each bug would be great. Thank you!

A post was split to a new topic: Why does password autofill require subsequent edits on some sites when it works fine on others?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.