Why are some new rows indented and can't be left-aligned?

Frequently, when I add a row to a nice big chart I maintain, the first text item in the far-left column appears as if it were indented. I want it to be left-aligned. Playing with format options doesn’t help any. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Could you please attach a screenshot or email a sample document to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com? Thanks!

Done. The name of the OmniOutiner file that I sent by e-mail is “Knives”.

In the column headed “Maker”, look at the eighth row at the word “Enzo”, and also at the 23rd row at the word “Spyderco”. In both instances, those words should be left-aligned, as are the similarly positioned words in all the other rows in this same column.

I can’t figure out any way to get those words to line up nicely with their counterparts in the rows above and below.

Thank you.

Ah, those rows are in fact indented to be children of the row above it. You have the row handles hidden so it’s not so obvious what’s going on. You can outdent the row with cmd-[ or shift-tab depending on your tab key setting.

If you would like to see the row handles, select all the rows, then in the Style Attributes inspector, click the ‘x’ button to the right of the line that says “draw handles never”.

Hooray! It worked. Thanks, Derek. I was starting to loose sleep over that, since I pull up that chart and work on it every so often.