Workflow automation

Hi,

I’m wondering if you guys can maybe help me out with something. I run adverts where I have a constant stream of leads being steered into my email account.

I need to follow up manually with every one of these leads, I’m wondering if there’s a way to automatically create a task in a project titled “lead followup” for each lead that signs up?

I know there is some great automation that can be done with IFTTT but I’m afraid I’m not enough of a wiz kid to create this sort of thing myself.

Cheers

Hi David,

To do this with IFTTT follow these steps:

1. Go to their website and sign up if you haven’t already.
  2. Create a new recipe and choose the ‘Gmail’ channel.
  3. If these leads all come from a specific email then choose ‘New email in inbox from’ as the trigger. Alternitavely, if they’re not all from the same email address you can choose ‘New email in inbox from search’ and have the recipe search for certain key words.
  4. Fill in the email address that all these leads come from and click ‘Create trigger’
  5. Choose the ‘Gmail’ channel again as the action channel and select ‘Send an email’.
  6. In the ‘To address’ field fill in your Omnifocus inbox email address. If you’re not sure what that is, check out the link here.
  7. Change the subject line to say something like ‘Lead Followup’ and make sure to leave the ‘Subject’ bubble there so it will contain the original message subject.
  8. Click ‘Create Action’ and you’re all done.

I hope this helps!