8 or 16 GB iPad Pro

Just for a fun discussion, who is interested in the 16 GB iPad Pro? it seems like a waste of power. I hope we see something at WWDC (not MacOS on iPad) that signals where that extra RAM might be needed.

1 Like

Right. I will buy 1TB just to get 16GB memory. It was always a toss up between 512GB and 1TB, coming from a 128GB Original 12.9" IPad Pro.

And my hope is eg XCode. For audio editing Ferrite is fine on my current machine, though a little slow to render. And I have little interest so far in video editing.

I also hope iPad OS will chuck apps out of memory less frequently with 16GB.

2 Likes

I am thinking 16 as well. Future proof so I will be good for years to come.
I am very excited about WWDC and iPadOS.

1 Like

Tempted to go for 16 GB just to future proof the device, but the price increase is steep and I don’t need that much storage at all. All depends on mood and weather tomorrow 😀

Well, I thought 128GB was excessive 6 years ago. But for the past few months I’ve been running out when attempting to install things.

And, I expect my usage to change with the new one - in ways I can’t predict.

Anyhow, roll on early-to-mid June when my new one arrives. (The pencil already has, and the Magic Keyboard soon will.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.