Adding location to Tags vs adding location to Tasks

Tell me why I’m wrong.

Sort of a new user here. And it appears I can only add location information to Tags, and therefore all the tasks they’re attached to. I cannot add location information to a specific task.

I’ve got a number of tasks. I tagged about a dozen of them with “Home” and put them in a Single Action list. One of those tasks I want to be reminded of when arriving home. I’ve got notifications set up. However, when arriving home, I’m reminded of all twelve.

“Home” seems the most appropriate Tag. Yet if I can’t control them on a per-task basis then do I need to create three tags?

1. “Home”
  2. “Arriving Home”
  3. “Leaving Home”

That’s a drag and looks too fiddly. Again, if I could set “arriving” or “leaving” on a per-task basis rather than by tag, I would have no issue.

As you discovered, you need to add a location-based tag to associate a task with a location.

It sounds like it makes most sense to have all three tags. I recommend grouping “Arriving Home” and “Leaving Home” under the “Home” tag.

2018-11-08%20(16-53-17)%20-%20Tags

The “Home” tag could be associated with the location of your home with notifications turned off. Tasks tagged “Home” will still show up in the built-in Nearby perspective when you’re at home.

“Arriving Home” and “Leaving Home” would include notifications. You can customize the distance to specify how close/far from home you need to be for notifications to trigger.

I hope this helps!

4 Likes

Thank you for the response, Tim.

You’re very welcome, @Zammer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.